Sunday, May 17, 2009

Shake Your Peace!

Yesterday was Critical Mass and the Shake Your Peace concert. Let me sum up: Crit Mas is just a huge group of people that get together and ride bikes, not motorbikes, around town. Because of Provo City's bike laws it is perfectly legal to take a full lane of traffic when you have that many bikes. S.Y.P. is an indie band that is really... I guess the descriptive word would be GREEN. It's so funny and fun, but not something I would ever take seriously. So, their concerts are powered (yes, literal power to the amps) by audience volunteers that bike in the background. You can kinda see in some of the pics. Anyhow, we started on our bikes (with S.Y.P.) in downtown Provo and biked up to Rock Canyon. It was basically nuts. Once we got there they set up the stage. The concert was free because, well, they believe in that and because they joined up with Utahpia to save Rock Canyon. And after all this adventuring I feel like a hippie :)


Me, Jer, and Becca (Jer's Roommate)
Justin

Gabe

Justin again
and Cello Joe



Just a little sample of them.

2 comments:

Stacia said...

I finally found your comment box!

So, cool pix. Like the hippie-vibe.

And... congratulations on your dance REVOLUTION of winning-ness.

...and of course, Woot Woot for "mishies".

Teresa W said...

Haha... I went to their concert too! It was so awesome! I think that was my favorite hippie experience ever! I can't believe we didn't see each other.